Equinox won a competitive pitch to devise an eight week campaign (1st October to 30th November 2017) on behalf of luxury hotel members group The Welsh Rarebits Collection.
Our brief was to deliver a highly targeted communications campaign across the Autumn 2017 shoulder season to keep the brand top of mind and drive online traffic.
The aim of our activities was to:
- Raise awareness of the Welsh Rarebits Hotels of Distinction brand
- Promote its unique selling points and, ultimately drive footfall to the hotels in The Collection
- While strengthening the brand’s reputation for ‘above and beyond’ quality and personal service, brilliant attention to detail and hands-on hosts who care.
Tactics focused on an impactful press launch, ongoing media relations supported by aspirational lifestyle photography, and a highly targeted social media campaign enriched by multimedia content.
The total budget was £7,000 ex VAT for media relations and social media content. 4 days of consultancy time were allocated within budget.
This document details the key results of the activity implemented from 1st October to 30th November 2017 and evaluates the success of the communications campaign against KPIs set at the outset.
- EQ generated a total OTS of 19,999,798 through media relations, including Wales-wide, UK national and international coverage in print, online and broadcast titles.
- EQ secured a social reach of more than 267,662 users.
- 83,205 were reached through a highly targeted online advertising campaign.
- EQ increased Welsh Rarebits social media followers by 5% in eight weeks
- 28% increase in web traffic (during October and November 2017) compared to previous year, as a result of PR and social media activity