The Valleys — a partnership between six south Wales local authorities — commissioned Equinox in April 2018 to deliver a PR campaign to raise awareness of the destination outside of Wales (national media targets and regional M4 corridor titles).
- Using the NHS 70th Anniversary (July ‘18) as a news hook, we commissioned Valleys-artist Nathan Wyburn to create a giant portrait of NHS founder, Aneurin Bevan, on a Valleys mountainside as a PR stunt
- Included positive messaging about The Valleys and its Valleys Walking Festival which included a Nye Bevan Trail for visitors to walk in his footsteps (adding destination level call to action)
- Captured time-lapse drone footage of the portrait being created as part of a multimedia package, pitched to media under embargo along with diary marker for media call event
- Developed press trip to pitch to nationals to experience the area
- 103 pieces of media coverage including five broadcast items (BBC and ITV included), pan-Wales and blanket regional coverage across UK and Ireland, and five nationals including The Daily Telegraph
- Positive coverage of The Valleys and inclusions of Valleys Walking Festival
- PR OTS of 7.6m
- Multimedia content generated 844k+ views, 18.8k shares and 6.8k reactions across social media.
- Secured press trip with Press Association UK journalist (attending Aug ‘18) who will write a feature across multiple titles.