The people behind the Welsh Rarebits Collection have a passion for real hotels and genuine hospitality and a true belief that the personality of the properties is just as important as the personality of its owners. Equinox was commissioned by this tourism marketing scheme in 2017 to deliver a highly targeted eight-week campaign to keep brand top of mind across the Autumn shoulder season and drive traffic to its website for bookings with member hotels.
Outputs: were developed with a strong focus on food tourism, provenance and local produce and the inimitable warm welcome or ‘Croeso’ unique to the Welsh hospitality sector. Key tactics included : national UK editorial features (newspapers, online & magazines); UK-national media competition to win a night’s stay at each of the 30 luxury hotels in the Welsh Rarebits Collection; ten short videos for social media and online press showcasing key Welsh food and drink experiences on offer at venues within The Collection.
Outtakes and Outcomes
- Over 30 x UK national and local media features and news items (print, broadcast and online)
- Over 10 minutes of national broadcast coverage (BBC Radio)
- 10 case studies & 10 themed video shorts
- 1 x national media competition
- 30 social media posts (Facebook & Twitter)
- 20 million opportunities to see / hear about campaign through media
- 0.5 million through social media
- 103,000 views of the ten campaign videos via Facebook
- 5,363 engagements on Facebook (‘likes’, comments, shares) & 415 clicks through to website
- 281 engagements via Twitter (retweets & ‘likes’)
- 35% increase in page followers across the four campaign social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Total of 20,000 unique visitors to website generated by the eight-week campaign up 28% on same period last year